ON-LINE ENTRY ENDS AT NOON FRIDAY
PLEASE JOIN US ON SITE AT PAVILLION 7 AT CITY PARK
DISCGIVINGS Charity Disc Golf Event
- Where: City Park 9 Golf Course, Fort Collins, Colorado
- When: October 26, 2013
- Contact Information:Tournament Director - Sue Lande
- 970-484-6932 (store)
- 970-481-9709 (cell)
- Signup for the event
Discgivings was conceptualized in 2000, and became a reality in 2003. The intentions behind this event were two-fold: to raise monies for a local charity or organization in need and to host an event for impassioned disc golfers. This allows us as disc golfers to expose our sport to a populace unaware of its incredibly rapid growth, as well as to give back to our community.
This event has been held bi-annually since 2003. The inaugural event benefited the Centennial Chapter of the Red Cross, with proceeds going to aid in the plethora of wildfires in Larimer County. The day of the event came a blizzard, and still 35 braved the snow to support the cause and to play disc golf. The players raised $2300, had fun, and froze.
The 2005 Discgivings supported Volunteers of America and the local Meals on Wheels program, which provides meals to homebound individuals. It was a balmy 70 degrees and the players raised $2600 for this charity.
The 2007 event raised over $3500 for the Northern Colorado Chapter of the Special Olympics. The 2007 event was our biggest to date with 50 players participating. Throughout the day many people were exposed to disc golf for the first time. The Randy Chapman Memorial had a huge impact on our community. Disc golf is now a formal activity in our Fort Collins Alternative Recreation Opportunities (ARO) program for the developmentally disabled. Randy would have been proud.
The 2009 event raised funds for The Animal House and Fort Collins Cat Rescue. It was a HUGE success with 67 players (13 women!) and raised $4600! Two dogs were adopted that weekend due to the publicity from the event!
The 2011 event was a gorgeous day. 56 players attended. Disc golfers raised $4100 for The Rocky Mountain Raptor Program. This great organization gives sick and injured raptors a second chance at freedom. A full court of raptors, including an eagle, a hawk and a Great horned owl, along with their handlers posed for brilliant photo opportunities!
For Saturday October 26th
- CHECK-IN AT 8:00 TO 9:30 AM
- 24 HOLE FORMAT, 1 ROUND
- You may request if you want to play with certain people; we will try to accommodate all requests.
- ENTRY FEE: $30.00
- DAY OF EVENT: $40.00
- MULLIGANS (EXTRA “ DO-OVERS” ) FOR 5.00 DOLLARS EACH
- HUGE RAFFLE AND THE PIÑATA RETURNS AT $1-PER-SHOT!
- TO MAKE THIS EVENT A SUCCESS, PLEASE SEEK OUT YOUR FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND COWORKERS TO “SPONSOR” YOU FOR THE VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA PROGRAM WITH EXTRA MONIES AND DONATIONS!!
- MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO: Volunteers of America
- ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE
- EVERYONE IS A WINNER IN THIS EVENT WITH PRIZES FOR ALL!