Vew-Do Love you Brain Balance Rehab System
- Good For:
- Traumatic Brain Injury Survivors
- Fitness Enthusiasts
- Gyms/Fitness Training
Working together with snowboarder Kevin Pearce and the LoveYourBrain Foundation, we’ve developed this balance training system to help those recovering from traumatic brain injuries, or anyone seeking to improve their balance skills from basic to advanced.
Kevin Pearce has been using Vew-Do balance boards ever since he started snowboarding. After a TBI while preparing for the Olympics, Kevin has continued to use Vew-Do balance boards in his recovery and found them extremely beneficial. We collaborated closely with Kevin on this system to develop a product that would work for people at all phases of TBI recovery.
After a brain injury, everything becomes unbalanced; not only your mental state, but also your physical state. The Vew-Do x LoveYourBrain Balance Rehab System is a progression system where users progress at their own pace as they build confidence and skill at each level.
- Level One: Beginner “Toe-to-Heal Rocker” balance training – Balancing simply on the 14 inch wide deck and the attached rockered I-beam allows the user to experience controlled toe-to-heal rocker movements while remaining less than one inch off the ground. A fantastic training tool for early stage rehabilitation and proprioception training.
- Level Two: Intermediate “Nose-to-Tail Teeter” balance training – Placing the foam teeter beneath the deck raises the board approximately 3 inches off the ground providing a responsive Nose-to-Tail teeter action of the deck. Using the foam teeter provides an easily controllable teetering motion while building core awareness, strength and confidence.
- Level Three: Advanced “360 Degree Wobble” – Adding the magnetically attached “wobble” base allows for multi-axis movement at approximately 2.5 inches off the ground while allowing for full 360 degrees of rotation if desired.
- Level Four: Expert “Fore and Aft Roller” – Placing the optional 101 rock (roller) beneath your balance board adds full fore and aft balance training to any workout as the deck and roller move in unison. This Balance 101 Rock is offered separately as it allows for an advanced form of rehabilitation and training.
Even if you are not recovering from a TBI, the Vew-Do x LoveYourBrain Balance Rehab System is an excellent balance training system and well suited to just about any balance training need.
The Vew-Do x LoveYourBrain Balance Rehab board is a 3-in-1 system designed to bring a new dimension to, rehab, weight training, fitness and much more. With a simple rock change, this board quickly converts from an entry level rocker board to a mid level teeter board, to a fully functional wobble board. With the additional purchase of a Balance 101 rock the LYB board converts into a finely crafted traditional style Vew-Do Balance board adding a 4th dimension to its versatility. Purchase rock with taper such as a Flow Rock and you have a full rotational balance training system that goes well beyond rehabilitation and conditioning.
- 29" Deck Length
- 14" width
- 1/2" 7ply Hard wood Birch veneer
- High density magnet attachment system
- Sustainable cork traction pads
- Durable heat transfer graphic
- 18” 15 ply maple I-Beam with 6” rockered end-stops
- 2" x 16" Roller grip strips
- North American Cherry Wood
- 4" diameter
- 1 3/4" overall height
- 2" of stabilizing flat
- 1" radial taper
- High density magnet traction
- High Quality Endura Bead Black Foam
- 12" x 6" x 6"