The Wham-O Super Ball is back! The Super Ball made its big bounce into the world in 1965. This curiously bouncy ball was invented by Norm Stingley, a chemical engineer employed by the Bettis Rubber Company in Whittier, California. Stingley fashioned a ball of Zectron, which is a material originally intended to cap off gushing oil wells. He placed the molded Zectron ball under intense pressure; the result was the ball could bounce 6 times higher and more energetically than any regular rubber ball. Wham-O sold 6 million Super Balls the first year it was marketed. By the mid-1970s, sales of the novelty had dwindled, but in 1998, it was re-released as"The Original Super Ball," with much nostalgic appeal to its fans. Now in 4 new colors and you can get one of each in this 4-Pack!
- Bounce and catch the SuperBall with friends
- Bounce the SuperBall off any hard surface and see how high you can bounce it!
- Ball measures about 1 5/8" diameter
- 4-Pack contains of superball of each color (blue, green, pink and orange)
- The Superball was inducted into the National Toy Hall of Fame in 2007.