The Wham-O Super Ball is back! The Super Ball made its big bounce into the world in 1965. This curiously bouncy ball was invented by Norm Stingley, a chemical engineer employed by the Bettis Rubber Company in Whittier, California. Stingley fashioned a ball of Zectron, which is a material originally intended to cap off gushing oil wells. He placed the molded Zectron ball under intense pressure; the result was the ball could bounce 6 times higher and more energetically than any regular rubber ball. Wham-O sold 6 million Super Balls the first year it was marketed. By the mid-1970s, sales of the novelty had dwindled, but in 1998, it was re-released as"The Original Super Ball," with much nostalgic appeal to its fans. The four pack will make sure you have one when you need it. Populate the earth with Super Ball!
- Bounce and catch the Super Ball with friends.
- Bounce the Super Ball off any hard surface and see how high you can bounce it!
- Ball measures about 1 5/8" diameter
- 4 pack contains four black Super Balls
- The Superball was inducted into the National Toy Hall of Fame in 2007.